BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:58:41 -0500
I think Loewy was in on the Black, Silver, and Golden Hawk models of the
mid-50's (maybe he bailed after that series got on the drawing board?):

http://users3.ev1.net/~hcstude/stude/
<http://users3.ev1.net/~hcstude/stude/>

This site seems to imnply that Loewy wasn't involved until the Hawk models,
that Bob Bourke did the '50/'51 bullet nosed ones (maybe, as you suggest, he
managed the design department at that time?).

http://www.1956goldenhawk.com/stustory.htm
<http://www.1956goldenhawk.com/stustory.htm>

I almost bought a '50 or '51 Stude back in '71 for $75 when I was still in
high school. It was in green primer paint and had a bad interior (as I
recall) but it was driveable (or at least moved under its own power--I even
took my parents for a memorable test drive out in back of Dean of Ithaca,
not to bring up the whole Six Mile Creek sawmill string again). As I recall
it had four doors (I don't recall if the rear ones were the suicide style),
a flathead straight six (I think), and standard transmission. I think I
looked at another '50/'51 (it might've been a business coupe) but didn't to
buy it.

Too many cars, not enough garage space...