BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Callahan's Preservationeers"
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:29:07 EDT
Manhattan from the top of the Koskiusko (Witold can correct my spelling if he
has time) Bridge in Brooklyn on a clear day is quite memorable.

My favored is driving into Missoula, Montana from the southeast when the sun
was rising after having spent the day and night driving alone in a
push-button Plymouth Savoy. Head full of all kinds of solitary madness. A tan
car I had bought from my preacher grandfather, a car with holes in the floor
and tail fins. This was the same expedition that included a full day of
driving across the Dakotas stark naked simply because I figured I'd never get
another chance. I stopped and put on pants when I got to the Black Mountains
and the A & W Rootbeer stand. I thought I was going around the world but got
held up in Oregon instead. Still driving long hours alone. I have not got
around to making it yet, but my LIE commuter's bumper sticker will read,
"Official Training Vehicle. Around the World Solo Drive. How Am I Doing?"

][<en