BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:32:30 EDT

In a message dated 10/21/2004 11:34:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

My question was simply regarding the airliner used  for the study, it doesn't
matter. I have read of the design issues  regarding the WTC towers, but
didn't know of the slanted analysis. I'm not  sure the buildings could have even
handled a direct hit from a B-25, (as  the Empire State building did) and will
never  know.

Jim,

The theory is that ESB survived because of it's massive steel frame,  massive
masonry cladding and masonry interior partitions.  The speed  of the lost B25
compared to the suicidally-piloted 9/11 planes  probably helped in 1945, too.

Ralph