BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:59:34 -0500
Leland Torrence wrote:

> Did you see in last Sunday Times the fellow that organizes his books
> by color?

Sry I missed that. I suppose better than organizing them by their
chimaerical vibrations.

After many years of study on the subject I have concluded that the best
organizing for books is a randomly chaotic disorder with small clumps of
topical interest at specific locations. Books on writing are in one
cluster, UFO books in another, fishing and hunting in their own space,
garden, plant and insect books gathered in a small space between stairs.
Other than that if one goes to look for a book the tendency is to find
almost anything else before reaching the intended goal. It is sort of
like the difference between a philosopher who always has something to
say, and a poet who is happy to hear said most anything that rhymes. I
may start out with an idea of what I want to read about but quite often
I find myself very soon happy to read whatever it is that I find along
the path. I suppose it could be Catalog by Serendipity.

][<en

Title:  	Coughing in a dog secondary to intrapulmonary migrating foreign
body
Authors:  	Carver, Valerie H.
Diseases
Case studies
Coughing
Pulmonary foreign body
Migrating foreign body
Issue Date:  	2004
Publisher:  	Cornell University
Series/Report no.:  	Seminar SF610.1 2004 C37;
Abstract:  	A German shorthaired pointer was presented with a one month
history of coughing and a 10-day history of mild lethargy. Physical
examination was unremarkable. Hematological abnormalities included
normocytic, normochromic, nonregenerative anemia; hyperglobulinemia,
hypoalbuminemia, and a stress leukogram. The dog was found to have
ingested a wooden kabob stick. The stick was thought to have perforated
through the wall of the stomach, liver, and diaphragm, and to have
subsequently lodged within the pulmonary parenchyma. Surgical removal of
the stick and surrounding lung tissue through thoracotomy and partial
lung lobectomies resulted in full clinical recovery.