BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2009 07:13:54 EST
Camille ;

We just finished in ground thermal on this old house ;(balloon Frame)
traditional peaked metal roof large dog trot with wrap around porch off the ground
see(French Caribbean ) or something called Bousilage; 4,000 sq ft if you add the
attic space .
We had to spray foam the underneath then spray the roof interior and make
spray walls that enclosed the attic from where the peaked roof carried over the
porches

The thermal unit itself  was 8 -200yd trenches cut across the pasture 6 ft
deep of circulating water (this can be dug also in verticle wells) that feed a
heat pump that feeds the house on aa computer style thermostate .
Our house before was very drafty in a cold wind , now it is sealed very tight

So far our heat bills have dropped from $600 +in winter to $100 +

Was it worth it ? Dollars and cents ....yes and no  Spray $10 K thermal $15 k
carpentry calking ; labor 5k  or about 30k which was about 8 k over budget
 So for that money we could have easily carried on here as beforw but energy
rates have been and are still going up
summer will be the real cost saving  test  we hope to save 2 .5k a year in
heating and cooling so 12 yrs to make up the investment ..but the real worth
besides the low bill is the worth it has added to the house if we were to sell it
.You show that low electric and gas bill and that puts your house as very
desirable to buy ...not that p=nut will ever agree to it  .
I think for historic house collections its worth looking into ....then ask
the mrs for the rest of the story ...Py

Great Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1217883258x1201191827/aol?redir=http://ad.doubleclick
.net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)

--

*Please vote for ICORS every 24 hours* <http://www.lsoft.com/news/choicevote.asp>