BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2010 09:05:03 EST
Rather than discuss "piquancy,"  I  will say that I want to thank the
thousands of people who log onto the list,  bravely admitting their
ignorance on some topic or other, and who then  graciously and
generously supply us all with information we couldn't easily  get
anywhere else, and all without rancor or snide remarks.

Rancor and Snide remarks ?
I guess Ralph was away that day.......as for admiting ignorance we will
prosecute the guilty ........

and give away stones to  those who live in glass houses

the beauty of the BP list is its imformality and its ability to share
opinions ,stories theroies ;experiences and poetry without  fear or malice
Sure we run up against the side of profesional ego's and often get skewered
for it
but the limited medium of the BP blog  has no space or time for full page
reports ;samples submitted ;product data  ;engineers stamps or architects
opinions
So we shoot ourselves in the foot all the time
l ..
Anyone new to the list with a competive critical eye for exact whole data
based on foot noted testing procedures may be in for a big disappointment
here
anyone interested in job site stories ;informal discussions of historic
mortars ;timberframing ,19th cent  iron, 6o 's brick facades ,20"s lineolum or
pissoirs in the french quarter ;may get ideas here worth further  pursuing
and  back channeling
moree solid information for
 The Bp discussion about salt and marble was good ; lively and informative
but occaisionaly and unfortunately at someone elses  expense
 So the quote
"Sound conservation practice demands that we remove all risks"
may apply here    only in more ways than meet the eye ...?py