BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 14:13:48 EST

In a message dated 11/21/2004 12:54:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Well, I'll be  damned!!  I musta walked by your place (and maybe YOU) a
thousand times  Can we all sing "It's a small world after all"  now? to go to Union
Sq., especially on days when the #6 was not  running very well.  Pretty
interesting neighbourhood (even Dubya mighta  thought so), with Curry In A Hurry
right around the corner and the one time I  was sitting in my office and saw a
burning matttress thrown out of a window at  some welfare hotel the next block
over. How could you  leaev such a place to sell coffee to Ralph?  I could see
the  Empire State and Chrysler Buildings from my window - nice view, for the
most part.  At the time I was working there, Howard Stern's agent was in  the
same building.  Rode up in the elevator one time with him - a REALLY  tall guy
who seemed really snobbish, so I just ignored him. Just think, if you'd been
nice to him, he might not be such an  asshole today.  And not be rich as God.
And might not need a  haircut.  Figured that probably pissed him off.  I'll
send him a T. S. Slip. There's a little park a block  away kitty corner to the
southwest of the building where I used to go and be  amazed how quiet it was
being a city block in size. Can't place this park off (or on) the top of my
head, and  am too lazy to look at a map. The traffic is only slightly  noticable
there.  I forget the name of the park. The park and Howard Stern are
definitely the lesser as a  result.  This woulda been about the same time I met Ken at
BBH.

I think my friend must've died in 82 or 83.  His former companion  was still
alive last I heard.  Who could figure it out?  Sort of like elm trees that
survived Dutch Elm disease.   Something to be studied intently to understand why,
or to just say,  "Hmm.  Interesting" and then ignore - depending on your
perspective (like  Dubya). Do you really think Dubya says "interesting?"  No,
that's probably too big a word for him.  He'd probably  really say, "Hmmm."  Do
you think he would  have used all those M's to say  it?

Ralph