BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:15:17 EST
In a message dated 11/15/2003 7:17:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
John,
Don't know if its perculiarly local, but we never noticed it as a common
practice anywhere else we lived.  It is surprisingly pleasant, and I have taken to
it, unless I have work to do. I first took this paragraph as a reference to
the Times Square Cowboy (really), but on second thought, I decided you are
referring to dorkitude, rather than practices which involve biting the heads off
parakeets.

Minnersotans are quick to remove shoes upon entering your home too, which is
nice when there's a lot of crud collecting in boot sole crevaces. My Kraut
Cousins do this, too, and I found it a little odd, but perhaps a good idea if a
little Japanesque and/or Mahometan.  My Goddam Kids and All Their Shrieking
Little Bastard Friends also do it, and leave all their shoes in a heap within a
4' radius of the door.  I find this dangerous to walk on, and it pisses me off
no end. And of course, as soon as the temperature goes above freezing in the
spring a whole lot of flesh goes on display.  I bet that's pretty pasty-colored
flesh, too, but trust you (like myself) are modest enough to avoid showing
off your natural pallor.

Ralph

Ralph