BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:40:39 -0500
I have finally gotten Merrill's Grandma's woodburning cookstove set up and
working in our backroom.  Ralph and Bruce will know this place as they have
been here.  The rest of you all are welcome any time, this time of year the
stove will be merrily blazing.

This stove had to be moved when the "home farm" was sold a few years ago
and we took it in.  Had to get a decent chimney built, settled on a total
new "metalbestos" system.  I love my "new" old stove. BET IT SMELLS GOOD, TOO.

This is certainly not my first experience with a woodburning cookstove, I
learned to cook on one then had one in the 70s.

We even have the original invoice from when Grandma bought the stove new in
1939.  Is it an antique yet? WAS IT REALLY MEANT TO BURN WOOD, OR COAL?
IS IT ENAMELED CAST IRON, OR EXPOSED POLISHED CAST, OR WHAT?

Merry Christmas to one and all,  Ruth
AND TO YOU, TOO!
RALPH