BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Shinola Heretics United"
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:02:11 EST
In a message dated 11/18/1999 8:26:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Do any of you know what this lumber would be used for and/or what
>       special (presumably desirable) qualities waterlogged lumber would
>       have?

I remember seeing this in a presentation on the restoration of one of
Stanford White's houses out in Montauk. Apparently salvage was the most
economical solution, especially because they were looking for an exact match
on the wood.

I also saw a television program that featured this type of salvage... I
imagine it was on Home and Garden Television (www.hgtv.com) but I wasn't able
to find anything in their archives.

-Heidi