BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:06:50 -0600
Ken Follett wrote:

> In a message dated 11/17/99 8:59:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> > Enough- how about looking them right in the eye and explaining how you have
> >  factored in UV color degradation & all will be well in 18 mos.
>
> Drew,
>
> The 18 months is up a while ago and I'm not that good at BS to hold a
> straight face.

Well I am..I meant 18 years,, this is historical provenance...

> The cycle of confusion is driven by an annonymous neighbor who
> called up to complain to the Landmarks Preservation Commission... so watch
> out for the annonymous critics, they are the Little Brother.

Bring a law suit against the commissars..
Tests of visual acuity, training, first amendment, incipient racism.. inferred
superiority amongst various shades of brown

> If you take a
> look at the general condition of the neighborhood,

You realize it's not Lefrak City-
My Granddad's house in Freeland Pa was one of the most godawful places I've ever
been 6 or 7 miles of Ridge Street lined with the same duplex-triplex-duplex houses
other than the numbers the only way to tell the difference was the change in the
siding- predominantly asphalt roof shingle & roofing colors- that and the entrance
w/ that weird pre-cursor to Dry-Vit some kind of pink cast stone so we are talking
about a single structure w/ 3 dissimilar entrance, 3 roofs, 3 siding details..
Why not he owned it..

> history of weird
> not-in-kind repairs, and colors of the street you have to shake your head. We
> are not talking that the color does not fit into the community, we are
> talking that it does not blend with the two adjacent buildings on either side.
>
> We have here the equivalent of the Brookhaven Town chicken police.
>
> ][<en

No we're talking the Polite Police " To Sugarcoat & ??

DD