BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:36:49 EST
In a message dated 12/31/2004 7:45:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Listening to the uber-Ralph Howzabout if I'm the über Ralph,  and he's the
OTHER Ralph? How'd you get that  nifty :u to print?  Cool! Ya have to  change
the language setting to German, go to "Start...Control  Panel...Regional and
Language Options...click on Lnaguages, then Details to  pick the language you
want.  I do Germany German, as opposed to  Austrian or Swiss; what the difference
is, I don't  know. would be appropriate because he won't shut up and  Stoney
can't hear what he has to say about his being a messenger from God  and he's
here to spread his money around to make little kids happy,  oh
and nuke Iraq or send in 1M troops, or outlaw same-sex marriage, and  what do
I think about that to which my answer is I prefer not to share  that
information.

I finally had it with him yesterday morning and  threw him out. Good for you,
 Just be sure you keep your  Ralphs straight. He proved
himself to be a sexist prigg  (something I suspected all along), and couldn't
understand what would  piss me off so much by saying there are just certain
things a woman  shouldn't do. This is one of the things I don't miss about
the former Mrs. Ralph-- she never seemed to realize that it's a good  idea to
use the clutch between one's brain and one's mouth.  Perhaps she had an
automatic instead of a standard, so  didn't know what the clutch is??? I don't  know.
Somewhere along the line,  she got it into her head that one can go around
saying whatever pops into  one's mind.  I, on the other hand, found that it's a
good idea to edit  (if not delete) everything (or nearly everything) that pops
into my  mind. I was carrying the sandwich board out to the street -  a daily
event, and apparently one I'm supposed to hire someone else to do  for me.  I
told him not to ever tell me there were things I  couldn't
do.  Even when he came back later and tried to explain that  he didn't say
there were things a woman couldn't do, but rather things  they shouldn't do,
I refused his apology.  He just wasn't getting  that telling a woman she
shouldn't do something is ultimately the same as  telling her she can't. Oh,
for God's sake. He was trying to be nice  in a doofusy, clumsy, insensitive,
asshole manner because he's too goddam  stupid to do so in a better way, and
you had a burr under your saddle  which had nothing to do with him.  Yup, the
burr I  had under my saddle was that this DT infested alcoholic keeps coming in
and  trying to be nice but I've had enough people tell me he gives them the
heebiejeebies that I'm back to him being nothing more than a liability - so  it
did have to do with him - this was just an extension of his other  utterances
that cause people to wonder which part of "not quite there"  is not quite
there - he and Stoney would probably get along fine!   Can't have people making
the customers  uncomfortable.  Adios, motherfucker.  And the bee under my
bonnet was that he's yelled at me often enough and his voice was getting  that
indignant high pitch, so I diffused it by kicking him out - I had  other people
in the place and wouldn't deal with someone on the edge of  belligerrncy, so I
just shut him up. You are  entirely correct-- both to protect your business,
and more importantly  to protect your customers. Guess I just don't suffer
fools  lightly, although I have no problem with people sometimes being foolish
(it's in my genes, or at least my name).  Sounds more like an offensive nut case
than a  fool.

So, you're welcome to add that to  Stoney's story, since I'd have to gather
he doesn't have thoughts one way  or the other about what other people
should(n't) do in the  world.

- Pam
Sticking Up for Mr. Insensitive
Being a Bitch to the nth  degree