BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: "The listserv troubled by a bad conscience and a good memory."" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 11:13:45 -0400
Regarding a place to stay if you're talking about southern VT...

Back around 1980 my sister was looking for a place to intern while a student at the Culinary Institute. She ended up at the Inn At Weston which is on Rte. 100 north of Bennington and SE of Rutland. I see their cheapest room is $225. Great food (not cheap) I would imagine.

http://www.innweston.com/home.html

A place that is much cheaper and harks back to the old days of blue highway motels is the Whitcomb Summit House which is just east of North Adams on Rte. 2, The Mohawk Trail. This may be off the path you intend to take but the Mohawk Trail could be a decent way to get over to Ruth's.

(413)662-2625  http://www.whitcombsummit.com/Home.htm

The rooms are very large, the view is great (it looks to the northeast toward Bear Swamp, I believe). I think you'll pay less than $100, maybe a little more if you're there one night/Saturday only.

Bruce