BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 19:32:42 -0500
Cuyler Page wrote:
> Sounds or Music?
Yes.

I have recently found different videos of John Cage and Karlheinz
Stockhausen on YouTube. The performance of Stockhausen's /Helicoptor
String Quartet/ is pretty amazing. There is one Stockhausen lecture from
1972. He talks about expanding and contracting sounds in time. The video
/John Cage and Raashan Roland Kirk - Sound??/ (1966)... simply amazing.
I was telling my wife today how it is incredible that you can just go
find this stuff without leaving the house. I always thought it was
amazing that my son could watch a VHS tape of Godzilla movies over and
over... and when I first learned of John Cage was from a book... the
idea of meeting him, let alone hearing him speak was not something that
ever occurred to me. Then my wife related to me hearing John Cage read
his poetry at St. Marks one time. I told her I figured I might try
learning  John Cage impression, so she also told me that she went to a
Ken Kesey reading but he was too drunk to know where he was. I think her
idea was that if I was going to waste my time learning to imitate either
I should learn to imitate both?

][<en

--
Orgrease-Crankbait <http://orgrease-crankbait.blogspot.com/> Video,
audio, writings, words, spoken word, dialogs, graphic collage and the