BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:35:49 EDT
"Cane" Dennis is coming.......Destin Fla used to be a sleepy back water
,Panama city was the red neck Riverea for the sons and daughters of truck  drivers
Seasoned  residents used to ride out category  3 and 4   hurricanes by
looking at the sky , watching the wave surge and looking to see if  the ants started
to climb the walls ,

If a lot of  ants started climbing 48-24  hours before the  storm watch out ,
Wave surge was the other big deal....  Ivan was 50 f waves t   Dennis so far
is 30
..the ants by the way  were only climbing in Pensacola and that is  where
Dennis is going

Oh the  old way of life "down hair"  has changed  ;
 Classic terrazzo one and two level 60's beach hotels with the  swimming pool
100 yds from the beach  sported  spartan Danish  furniture and family
accommodations for $150 dollar weekends  and  you  knew everybody , and could grill
your own outside your  door or on a fire on the beach  have been replaced by
big impersonal high  rises ($280 a night) with elevators ,spas overpriced
restaurants and signature  golf courses replacing the goofy golf .
Sadly the ants of course are sprayed before they have a chance to climb  .

No more middle class family's here bar-b-queing at night on the beach  ,
minority's only if they can afford it , no what we get is the Hawaiian  fire dance
at night  ,(recorded) done by an imaginative Puerto  Rican  belly dancer in
feathers   telling the story of  Hawaii (?) on the Pan Handle beach ....go
figure.... I guess the blood letting  Toltecs, and the Olmecs  weren't very
romantic.
  l  .
About 10 yrs ago Snow birds looking for a place to retire started  buying
into sheet rock high rises starting at $350 thou  a one bedroom  ;
 Seems now the insurance companies call the shots; and that means the
weather reports and more weather reports and evacuations and more shelters   because
after all.."Who is responsible ? if your not informed ..Now when a  hurricane
comes we get 24 hr focus for 76 hours of inane speculation and  coverage
So far what has happened  is that now a million people have  evacuated an
area that only got an inch or two of rain ..do that too many  times
...... and we will all be back to watching the ants . Py