BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:47:34 EST
In a message dated 1/25/2004 11:24:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
PS I guess this means you don't know any barrellmakers in Moorish Spain but I
will wait for John Leeke.   Coopers might do the job.  Check the winery
towns; maybe the cork towns, too.  We (alright, I) had an interesting visit to a
cedar shingle factory out in Washington State several years back.  Maybe those
weren't cartwheels Mrs. Ralph was turning after all.

PPS   I bet my son recently that there is not a single drinking age law for
50 states.  The bet: 50 pushups.  Turns out that the drinking age (a misnomer,
I think, it's just the age at which liquor may be sold to people) is indeed,
age 18, in all 50 states. Interesting; I wonder when Sauce Laws got
coordinated, because they used to be different from one state to the next.   Wonder how
the States got hornswoggled into letting The Feds to cram this down their
sovereign throats. No doubt a matter of National Security:  don't want no
underaged teetotaling Towelheads bending their elbows with our godfearing,  red
blooded lunch-blowing Murricans.. But they are 50 separate laws (highway money
hammered the states into uniformity), not a single law. So do I owe him the 50?
Fuhgeddaboutit.  He owes you.  Plenty.  Tell him I said, so, too.

Ralph