BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Go preserve a yurt, why don'tcha.
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:11:14 EDT
The pirates have been working the coast here getting ready for their
come-upance at PTN ...Harrisburg...in the meantime I would like to make a
querry about faux granite using decorative concrete...I have a project
restoring a historic 1920 's grand theater facade in Mobile ala. in faux
granite( concrete with coal slag to mimic color and look of granite)....over
60% of the wire mesh anchor is gone....options as I  have so far
considered:..and I wishto know if anyone can recall something similar
A :
expose and remove as necessary all failed rebar and mesh; replace with teflon
or ss#
make my own patching material using comproco F-5 and slag; cut and carve to
match; border and window mold rope mold.(performed in layers) carve in situ
B:
send sample to Edison ( or equal if any) custom match color cut and carve to
match. Hey Mike luv to hear from ya .
 send form samples to concrete form shop ; pour individual architectual
elements  set pre cast molds cut and embellish as necessary.
Most of the decorative elements are molding (hood mold and border but some
diamond box panel  (coffered) surrounded by molds....I am leaning towards my
own mix but then again ..I vote with the "know nothings'. .....any takers
?Best Michael