BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 22:01:29 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:
>  Thoreau said you never know a thing until you see it by moonlight but
> that's because he had insomnia.
Hmmm... how often did he look behind himself?

We were sitting at an outdoor place in a park in Warsaw having a restful
interlude. Witold explained the Russian tradition to sit for a few
minutes before embarking, in this case us getting prepared to go off to
the airport to return to NYC. Anyways, the place was behind and outside
of the Polish Ministry of Astronomy and Witold pointed out to us that on
top of the building, in a very symmetrical outlay, were two telescope
enclosures (my rude comment was that the social realist bumps looked
like architectural elements) and, somewhere along in my being corrected
for my lack of serious political correction, Witold told us that not
only had Poland produced Copernicus but from this very observatory that
we were sitting near to that Poland had the first stereoscopic
astronomical observatory and that the Poles were the first to map out a
3-D map of the cosmos.

][<

--
Orgrease-Crankbait <http://orgrease-crankbait.blogspot.com/> Video,
audio, writings, words, spoken word, dialogs, graphic collage and the