BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 04:40:15 EDT
In a message dated 10/27/2009 2:00:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Michael,  But you didn't come visit me in VT, what happened?  Ruth
>
> PS:  Sounds like you had a helluva trip though.

Ruth ; mea culpa ;  and best laid plans of mice and men. By the time I got
up there I saw nothing but trouble ...
he trip started out pleasant and innocent  enough ;
 a reunion of colleagues from the Findhorn Foundation in Scotland where I
was a resident stonemason and beer maker.
Findhorn for those who don't know it is Britain's equivalent  California's
Esylen Institute at Big Sur.
Findhorn at its early foundations in the 70's was a Bohemian enclave
of;Dharma bums; artisan carpenters, flower power  plasterers, free love
painters; and back to the land  stone masons who wandered into the place with
a back pack and well just never left.
The stone was good; the food was great and the beer was better;
Fresh faced  red freckled wild hair lassies helped the masons build a  wood
burning sauna  on the North Sea that to this day I am told still holds the
frivolity of the New years day swim and for  how many Swedish /Norwegian
girl back packers you can cram  into a sauna; and that was the overall problem
because at the  reunion  after 35 yrs on the lam from the place no one
could recognize anyone with their clothes on; the Laphroaig helped though.