BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

A man of honor pays his debts with his own money. --DeGaulle
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:39:23 EDT
In a message dated 6/9/2004 8:27:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
Only did it twice.  First was Barnaby in Hello Dolly.  It seems odd to
me now that there was something remarkable about being able to pass for
16 at 23. I was passing for 40's (or 50's) when I was 14 or 15.  And that was
just my mental age. Hell, I was still getting carded.  But, that's why I got
the
part. As long as you're still youthful know when you (theoretically) want to
be.... Prez was probably because I had taken up cigar smoking. Eeeewwww.  It
came as a terrible surprise to everyone except me that I couldn't sing.
Everybody wanted me to, but I wouldn't, and still don't.  Although I move my lips to
The Star Spangled Banner in a buig crowd.

But I enjoyed messing with the stage crew and all of my future close
encounters with the stage were from that vantage point. I started my Thespian
career because I wanted to learn to work the lights in the Jr Hi/High School
Auditorium, as I had known how to do it in Elementary School in my capacity as
a member of the AVA (Audio Visual Aids) crew.  Got to run projectors and all
sorts of neat stuff.  I still have my AVA armband.  I liked it
much better.  I enjoyed the company of the back stage people much more
too.  The younbg ladies of the Thespian persuasion were MUCH friendlier to me
in my capacity as An Actor than they were when I was on the stage crew.  Not
friendly enough, but certainly friendliER.

Guess I'm a back stage kind of guy. As long as you're not a back door kind of
guy.  Not star material at all.  It shows in my work. Sounds unlikely to me.
Ralph