BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:34:57 -0200
Brian,

They certainly are fragile.

I have been nursing estimate & project data records along with business
contacts going back possibly 10 years or more. There have been a few
times when I have been real close to losing large portions of the data.
I am very aware of the need for redundant back-up. For me the data is an
essential asset of the business and without it we might find ourselves
in a different business.

That all said, the leisure 'music' data was not juggled quite as well
and when the funny noises started I knew that I had to act. I just did
not act fast enough. What I also lost was PTN data, including my
collection of PTN photos (I suspect the most comprehensive collection
around), going back to the beginning of the organization. If the past
evaporates then what we do have is the present. Eventually my lottery
ticket will come in and I will think to spring for the data recovery. In
the mean time there is work to be done before the weather closes us
in... though if it is anything like last year we won't find any time to
stop and recover ourselves, let alone lost data.

][<