BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2010 11:33:53 -0400
Holy molly, you have thrown in a lot of stuff. I donıt want to use that
other word.

From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 10:53:31 EDT
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [BP] lime in da coconut-holes in da brick

In a message dated 3/28/2010 9:48:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
> The  idea that we were fighting the Commies in Indo China was bogus from the
> git  go.
I know you are speaking broadly, but, just to continue this thread totally
irrelevant to the historic preservation of cardinal pointing, I am not so
sure I agree with that.  We were indeed fighting the commies from the git go
so handing VN back to the French was fighting the Commies ­ this in the face
of an ally ­ Ho ­ who fought along side us to defeat the Japanese
notwithstanding HoHoHo's reputed admiration for the Dec. Ind. ??? What is?
The people we were fighting what people ­ when were, indeed, commies from
the git go refer to your last paragraph.  Wasn't going to be a lot of New
England town meetings in the bush you mean in the beginning when each colony
was one religious denomination or another and to live in that area you had
to be of that ³faith² to go to town meetings? Ooooh freedom.

If the thought is "why" we were fighting them in particular - well, if they
had been holding a lot of New England town meetings like the town meetings
theyıre having in Iraq and Afganastan, would we really have picked up the
cudgel rather apt word from the French?  A big part of the America-firster
(watch out for typos there!) movement was made up of those contemptuous of
the big colonial empires of France, England, Holland and Belgium, and viewed
the European powers as corrupt and old-world, simply "occupying forces" of
India, Java, etc and they were ­ so the US helps to defeat those colonial
powers to install Edi Amin ­ now thatıs freedoms progress.

This melted away after the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere came in
early on Sunday morning in 1941, but a major American thread throughout the
war in the Pacific was to sideline the British in fighting so as to keep
them out of the decision-making and country-liberating.  The House of
Churchill, of course, wanted to liberate India from the Japanese, to bring
it back to being a nice loyal soldier-supplying British subject.

So my own deeply informed opinion - being a draft dodger, I of course have
expertise in this area - is that we were, indeed, fighting anti-capitalist
and legitimately oppressive communism capitalism not being very oppressive ­
hmmmmm ­ it might help to get an opinion from say So.America, Haiti, the mId
west USA the victims of Nafta etc.

We just didn't quite capture that there were lots of varieties of communism,
some of which were benign, at least on a foreign policy level. Brutal they
all were, seems to me, to their own people.  People who are convinced that
our president is a Marxist have not, it seems to me, really experienced a
truly Glorious People's Revolution.   Talk about your Death Panels glad you
mentioned death panels ­ Iıd refer to the Native American experience where
this glorious capitalist country broke every treaty that was made with the
NAıs.

Christopher
Jim Hicks
--

To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed,
or to change your settings, go to: