BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 02:37:40 -0400

iPod (i Personally own digital). Been using them since I was in 6th
grade (when we could finally afford them, impaired since birth), so I've
seen lots of technology come and go. What's happening now with digital
is A Good Thing.

> (and no, I don't mean the new
> kind of AIDS you get from listening to too many assholes.)

I thought we'd already established the connection between old AIDS and
assholes.

> I've been told I need 'em in both ears.    I'd rather have a
> goddam ear trumpet like my good friend Mr. Muckle.

No you wouldn't. Trust me. Wait until you try the "restaurant setting"
where with the press of a tiny button, you switch the two directional
microphones in your hearing aid out-of-phase so that all the background
noise they both pick up is cancelled out, and you end up with this
Maxwell Smart Cone of Silence effect where you zero in on the sound
immediately in front of you (like the person talking to you). It will be
the first advantage you have on the fully hearing capable.

They can be tailored like an equalizer to exactly match your hearing
loss frequency profile, the processors now sample the sound about 250
times a second (first generation digital sampled 22x/sec.

So I recommend them.

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.     "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic             from some flounder?"
Districts Commission         - Bullwinkle J. Moose
919/516-2632

“E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina  Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized City or Law Enforcement official.”