BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:31:53 -0700
Are we talkin nonmonomodal teaching styles here? I think my teaching style is
different at 6 am from the one at 4 pm. The only way I know to teach people who
show up late for work is to fire them, which kind of limits the opportunity to
expand on any other topics. I'm not so sure the anti-BS method is different
depending on the situation. The first action I think is to break the established
thinking pattern and show a glimpse of "something else out there worth
considering." A person who wants to learn will enjoy new insights, regardless of
where they derive from. In the construction environment there is a lot of room
for incompetence, but in general every minute of every day the individual is
evaluated, both employer and employee. One result of union is that the evaluation
process is checked, which, though protecting a worker from abuse, can be to the
detriment of maintaining competency.

--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/~orgrease