BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:06:22 EST
In a message dated 12/20/2007 2:00:43 AM Central Standard Time, Ken writes :

> One of the issues that has been of concern to me in work to help folks
> in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast region is that we not show up as
> 'tourists of disaster'

Using gallows humor I must say if we look at the present state of the united
states and that of the world  its evident that
"WEAREALLTOURISTS OF DISASTER"...that said
 having grown up listening to
"Think of the poor starving children of Europe " as I gagged on the brussle
sprouts
......nothing subsitutes the reality of disaster  seen face to face
Its one thing to rubber neck at a car crash
its another if there is a red cross can to toss money into after you pass
brussle sprouts aside ..the american people are willing to give
 they just don't know how....
 during Katrina I was pleasantly besiged with phone calls
 wanting the inside track on where to give  to help
directly with suffering (imagine calling a pyrate for that info ?... )
 the truth was they didn't trust the system  to give to it
a system where the directors pay themselves
3/4 of a million to handle your dollar
anyway I got them in touch with some local camps that had been transformed
into barracks for the displaced ..
.which was good because it gave them  cash in hand
rather than handing out govenment script (which looked alot like confederate
iou's)
 ....now back to those brussle sprouts ...any recipees I can seek on the
Peanut  PY

See AOL's top rated recipes