BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 06:16:19 -0500
On Tuesday in Manhattan I saw a sign painter down on Houston about 80'
up climb up and stand on the middle back rail in order to better paint
an eyebrow. The upper back rail to the backside of his legs below the
center of gravity, meaning he had to balance himself and hook into the
middle rail with the sole of his boots. This is one of those situations
where the mechanic gets too used to being where they are at. I cannot
say that in youth I have not done that maneuver myself. A real good gust
of wind and they could easily do a back flip and end hanging from their
harness. Their partner a good 15 feet away at the far end of the rig. No
hands holding anything, a paint container in one hand and a brush in the
other. Balanced. All because they did not want to move the rig up a few
feet on the wall. As I mentioned to my son when we saw this if the guy
were working for me and I saw that I'd be reaming a new A in short order.

As to the fall and survival incident I don't particularly want to know
the inside dope. I know more than I need to know about people falling to
their death.

][<en