BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2011 10:49:04 -0400

"Bum" struck me as a Britishism until I remembered that in the architects' (Gruen Assoc, as in Victor Gruen) office I worked in LA starting in 1970, they referred to rolls of yellow tracing/sketch paper as "bum wad." On the other hand, my boss had come from Canada and they had a pretty international staff.

Ralph