BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:54:39 -0500
I have a project at a Douglas Orr building, 1930's.  There is an area
outside the lower dining room and bar that was originally a logia, but in
the 70's the arches were filled in to make it an interior space.  We just
removed the carpet to find a slate patio made up with some slabs six by four
feet.  They are grouted, and the surface fairly uneven.  The design calls
for replacement of the wall to wall carpet with carpet tiles.  Some of the
slates are scaling, but we have removed most of the loose material.
Question:  what sort of underlayment would you use for the carpet?  We have
looked at the Schluter system, Ardex with fiberglass mesh and DSP 520.  The
costs are significantly different, and if you read the fine print, even the
Schluter system will not warrantee.

Thoughts?

Best,

Leland