BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Light fuse ... retire quickly.
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:17:16 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/2001 6:29:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Which brings to mind the Venetian brick masonry developed during the
> Shakespearean era, Phlegmish bond.

Installed with a phlegmatic trowel, no doubt.  But what's the connection
between Venetian brick and Phlegmish bond?  Mortar snots?  Ken, do mortar
snots occur other than in Phlegmish bond?

In sixth grade, our teacher gave us an assignment which he had given his
classes for many years, in which he dictated vocabulary words to us, and we
had to write definitions for them, without benefit of dictionary (or clergy).
 He told us that some years earlier, one of our predecessors in scholarship
had defined "dogmatic"-- and this was in a good school district -- as "an
automatic dog."

See what happens when you remind me?

Ralph