BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 20:12:51 EDT

In a message dated 5/9/2005 3:05:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

The joints I interpret to indicate that the  stock was "cheap", and this was
an economy move.

1.    Am I  right?
2.    Why would stock be made  up like this?  Like, how is it saving money?
3.    Is there a term for  this?

Christopher Gray

Sounds like finger-jointed lumber, which is made up out of little scraps of
wood glued together and then milled into whatevr profile it had.  It's  total
shit.  Too bad the homeowner wasted his time stripping it.  On  the other
hand, since it's garbage wood, maybe it's better than if he'd stripped  historic
wood trim (beating the hell out of it in the process and ruining the  molding
profiles) and exposed it to sunlight under varnish.

Caveat strippor.  I know whereof I speak.
Ralph