BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:38:54 -0500
There are those of us that would draw the futher distinction of the greater
NYC metro area and Upstate NY, speaking as one from (and still in) Upstate
NY.  Much as people in PA might draw the distinction between PA and the
Philly area, those in NJ who let you know they live in "northern NJ," etc.

Bruce, stirring the pot in Central NY
(Working in Syracuse and living on the border between CNY and the Southern
Tier, the suburbs of McGraw to be exact)

P.S.  I got a kick out of a travel show I saw yesterday touting the best ski
areas of the US saying that Gore Mountain the southern Adirondacks was two
hours from NYC.  I know they drive pretty fast on the Thruway but it's more
than 225 miles on my map and I'll bet it takes you over three to make the
trip from Manhattan.  Maybe you could get to Hunter Mountain in the
Catskills in two hours...