BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 10:00:40 +0000
Jeremy Salmond wrote:

> Loving the net as a way of extending contacts, and very grateful already for considerable and thoughtful responses to questions recently tossed into the ether.

Jeremy,

Shared consideration, passion, and compassion are what keep all us preservationeers going.
Thanks for your sharing.

On another question. I'm very curious of your perceptions of the relative value of the preservation organizations, ie. APT and ICOMOS. As a board member of APT, and participant on the Partnering and Outreach committee, it is my interest to understand what can be done better to serve the needs of working preservationists on an international basis. There have been discussions, of which I was not involved, regarding APT and US/ICOMOS working together on international outreach. I think BP goes a ways in this direction without support from any formal organization, though the list is sponsored on a server by the psychology department at St. John's University in Queens County, NYC.

][<en Follett