BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:41:38 EST
The morning  started out poorly,
there  was a brief  encounter with sun up  when an unearthly pall of  dark
gray curtain desended over the horizon  and filtered  unto the land like a dark
afternoon of death

Like a Bruegal painting it boiled and made putrid everything it touched .
Leaving the air languid and  limp stifiling the sences with dull expectations
and dred. It was all  just too weird ......I mean its  wintertime in  January
...not March or september The deep South ain't supposed to be like that .
I wuz planning a day trip   to a  jobsite in Alabama and was still looking
for my  tooth brush to pack  when it came in over the house radio that heavy
thunderstorms with  intense lighting were expected within  my route.
I broke from the normal  radio and transfered over to the Short Wave  marine
broadcast from the hand held I keep on the high cupboard.

#@@!&&%$WHIRR-Whirr  MARINE WEATHER FORECAST FOR THE CHANDELIERS #$%!@WHIRRR
AND CAT ISLAND.HEAVY THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY WITH POSSIBLE TORNADOES  EXPECTED
for coast EARLY MORNING,
Fine that means ... warm humid air pushing up from the coast ......meeting
this  cold front pushing  down from Kansas and  Alberta ... bad news ...
twisters.

IT HAD BEEN A BAD WEEK LOCALLY
; there had been a lot of  unexpected death.
and knowing  there was twisters coming I didn't feel like contributing to the
tally .
It was a lot of weird stuff
A young 20 year old man who was teaching his 15 old cousin how to hunt with
primitive weapons was accidentally  shot and killed by the 15 yr. old
The 50 cal musket ball hit the artery in the leg and he bled to death in 4
mins .
In the next case  a well respected man from another town climbed into his
favorite deer stand  and decided  it was such a good day ;He  put a pistol to his
head and pull the trigger; no problems ,no note, no reason; just did it as
calmly as that
Then to  make  it a  theesome another  fellow I knew vaguely
 didn't come home for supper and so when they went to look for him
 he too was found in his favorite tree stand ; dead from a heart attack ;
 (which in most   circles here is the holy of holys of the  desired way to
go)

WELL
With the weather coming in I decided to pull the plug on the road trip
and was glad for it as I learned that night
the twisters hit the next county over, putting a school bus on top of a
school
and tearing through a dairy farm tossing the cows into the air and one
through a lady's window crushing her (she survived ).
However the most memorable  twister story here is from a couple of years ago
when a  a farm woman upon hearing the coming twister  put her self and the
baby in a cast iron claw foot tub and covered themselves with blankets  when
they  woke up they were found  a quarter mile laway upright and intact  and the
house totally gone.
Me?
As much as I like claw foot tubs (I got the 6.5 ft presidential out of a
railroad hotel that was made for the Pres Taft visit)  I don't care for air travel

besides Iam having enough trouble dealing with OZ and wizards lately and
don't want anymore  Py

  .

Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape.