BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Fri, 9 May 2003 07:09:57 -0400
Steve,
Thanks for the note on hydrofluoric acid.  I remember a couple of years
ago we used it to rinse out iron stains in a highly diluted form.  It
was very aggressive on the quartz when we first tested, but wetted and
rinsed did the job quite well.  I was working with an Australian who
warned of the health hazards and when I looked nonchalant, he raised his
eye brows and said, "No, I'm serious, this is very nasty stuff."
I was asking Ken about the calcium fluoride can you refresh us?
Best,
Leland