BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
William Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
make easy -- get sakcrete <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:14:23 -0500
on 12/11/02 9:17 PM, Met History at [log in to unmask] wrote:

[log in to unmask] forwards a post from a preservation activist:

I am writing to request your assistance in assisting a group of local
residents and business owners that oppose the demolition of the Washburn
Wire Factory and the construction of a 1-million square foot Home
Depot/Costco.

The balance of the note talks about air pollution, zoning issues, supposed
displacement, etc. -- no mention of "historic factory".  Were we talking
about this recently?

Christopher

What is the location of the proposed demolition, how old is the structure?