BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:11:56 -0500

> ][<en's a big fan of the "walk 'n talk" and I can't help but beleive
> that it's a reaction to the cacophony he hears and wants to translate.
Rude,

I think it has more, on my part, to watching what you all do when let
loose on an historic building that you are not particularly conscious of
due to the intense focus placed on seeking and seeing and exploring. It
is not so much the power of the walk n' talk to the walking talker, the
enthusiasm and the 'filter of perception' in the ongoing talk TALK that
immediately translates the authentic object without a high level of
interference -- the idea of trying to 'teach' something -- forget
teaching, go direct to communication and express... the teacher carries
with them all the syllabus that there needs to be in their decades of
experience. Once that level of detail of enthusiasm is communicated then
the student has a guide that will last them a lifetime to seek out the
technical details.

On another bent, the essay I am reading right now frm Karlheinz
Stockhausen he talks about microphony. He had got himself a large gong
(tam tam) that was 5' diameter that he hung in his garden. He noticed
that if he struck it with his finger or a pebble that it made sounds
when he held his ear within a few inches of it that varied in the subtle
tonalities and vibrations... sounds that could not be heard from a
distance. He then gathered together all sorts of household implements
and sensitive recording equipment and played with tapping, scratching,
rubbing the tam tam with spoons and such.

How often do you tap on an element of an old building to hear it's sound?

][<en
--
Orgrease-Crankbait <http://orgrease-crankbait.blogspot.com/> Video,
audio, writings, words, spoken word, dialogs, graphic collage and the