BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:12:33 EDT
There was a picture sent around that showed a GI standing on the base of one
of those free-standing, arched monuments taking a leak on Saddam's face (it
was called "Face To Face").  That's getting pretty rude...

Rafaelito my bodega buddy door to door to our shop door has a photo up in his
front window of his son who is doing supply clerk duty in America's Army in
Germany along with a letter from some military guy thanking Rafaelito for
loaning his son and that everyone should be really proud. I gave Rafaelito a
printout of the GI pissing that he also put up in the window. The GI looks
enough like his son that all Rafaelito's clientele started asking if it was
his son. Rafaelito, who hangs in front of his shop on the sidewalk in good
weather, has taken to pointing it out to the MFA yuppies (service industry
slaves by day, divas and bar hoppers by night) and erstwhile locals and
asking them what they think. Rafaelito complains the guy is not pissing high
enough, not quite up to Saddam's lower lip, not a direct hit to the mouth.
Keep in mind, this cityscape is the new Village and the "hottest" art scene
in NY. Rafaelito is my favored conceptual artist of the month... the best
kind, underground and soaked in cross-cultural irony.

][<en