BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

The listserv that Ruth calls "Pluto's spider-hole."
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 22:51:57 EDT

Grapes of August
I like to walk ; and I like to walk nude
Its something I always did
just never got much of a chance
unless I was hiking in the back of the beyond .
I guess it’s a feeling of freedom ,sans clothes that is
I once circumvented the island of Erriad (inner Hebrides  )
in the nude with pimsoles and stick
I did the same  on  the better part of a lake in North Ontario ,
in the buff off a white sand key  in   Florida ,
swam naked the seven sacred pools of  Maui ,
took in bare an medieval estate in  Tuscany,
another in Poland , a loch in Ireland  ,
mountains in Greece ,country roads in Brittany ,
a Cathedral in NYC at mid night ,
desert walks in Utah , and North Africa  ,
the Catskills , parts of the Presidential's,  a
and if that gives me bare  bragging  rights,
I've got more naked adventures  walking
than  I can shake my stick at
Here in deep woods Mississippi ;
I have land , now having land ,
despite its archaic implications
of greed ,gives one a sense of space
and to a certain degree,
…. freedom ...
depending the time of day  ,
one can roam explore nature
in the natural without fear or armor
and swim to your hearts content
in the buff  at life's pond
In the years that  I have lived here
there is comfort in that  I have never
seen anyone unannounced on my land
Freedom is such a fleeting thing ,the definition anyway
I witnessed Chicago in 68 and Woodstock in 69
I witnessed  communist jails  and capitalist jails
I've supped with Trump and smoked with Gins burg
So when I set off nude across the horse pasture
with my walking stick and  trailed
by  my blind and deaf  dog Lucy (tail going 90 to nothing )
I felt up lifted in a world of nature ,
Clouds white and purple ,
Sun hot,
Mississippi is a green and lush desert
of sub tropical vegetation, quiet peaceful
non confrontational
(unless you like religion or politics)and happily  I don't
I arrived at my grape arbor totally nude
at about 4 o'clock  having taken my Sunday swim .
of different shade of   grapes ,
I poke the leaves with my stick and  expose  there before me ... the grapes
of summer ,
some are  ripe and others perhaps a week to go
, I eagerly  pop some in my mouth
and let their sweet liquid
goodness  melt my tongue and back of  mouth
in a rush of happy expectation .
These are my children I have watched after since   February
when I cut terminal buds and talked baby talk to  them..
month after month ....now  I drink in  its  freshness and bath in its
rejuvenation
like child birth my grapes have arrived   and I am happy
I experiment going from root to root  bare ass and  testing each vine for its
quality  and select taste, I make head garlands of their leafs and don them
on  Lucy and I
wandering blindly  and together like two retirees in love  , nibbling ,
testing sniffing for nature .The sun is hot .They say you  shouldn't be out in it .
The sweat and the pollen lay on my summer red skin
..Sometimes I think I will die here , just fall over into my
grapes...wouldn't that be something ?  headlines read:
man found dead and nude  in his grape arbor …what a happy  ending
Py