BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kevin Daly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:32:48 -0400
I can't remember if this thread is still developing, and I can't remember
what the specifics of the problem were.  I do remember that people were
generally not able to think of a good experience with chemical paint
strippers, so I thought I'd throw this in:

We used "Back to Nature 2" (by Dynacraft) for the removal of paint from
wood sash and frame from a 1913 brick building.  #2 Worked slowly-- it
took a couple of applications with 8-hr dwell times-- but it took off all
the paint.  Smelled fine, non-caustic, waterborne.  We have not found that
it affected the adjacent masonry, left salts in the wood, or damaged the
wood in any other way.  As to how it works-- I can check for you, but
you'd be better off calling Dynacraft.

Kevin Daly
currently crossing my fingers and knocking on wood after rereading what I
just wrote.