BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: "Authentic Replicants Converge"
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:33:37 -0500
You would think that an area as important as the Houston Medical Center
would have a flood plan also, even though many experts had warned for years
of the potential loss if certain conditions were present , and certain
amounts of rain fell. With tropical storm Allison, all of the necessary
conditions occurred, doing untold billions of dollars worth of damage,
essentially all of it in the Medical Center, not to mention the research
lost, projects some of which I was told were 60-70 years in the making. Now
there is a comprehensive program that all of the hospitals, medical schools,
and research centers are following. Much of the main electrical equipment is
being moved to locations on the second floors of the buildings involved,
plus the installation of flood doors and high volume pumps have gone in all
over the center. So if the private sector hadn't done it, why should we
assume that government, even in a building as important as the national
archives, would have?

Jim

(No Faith in Big Brother)