BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "lapsit exillas"
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 17:02:22 EDT
In a message dated 5/22/00 11:41:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> A few concerns though: What would the anchoring system look like? Would this
>  hold up during winter wind and storms? Would there be enough ventilation of
>  the porch area?

Eric/Sharshooter,

I used to do masonry work all winter. Result is I have an obsession with high
quality weather protection materials. Secret is to make sure all sharp
corners of the object to be wrapped are cushioned so they don't tear the tarp
and that tie-down lines be well tensioned. As to ventilation, I suggest
allowing for plenty of ventilation in the design. Problem with a tarp is that
you will not be able to get it sealed, there will be ventilation, and it will
want to flap in the wind, thus a potential of abrading paint surfaces.
Consider that it as a sail you are fixing to a stationary object.

][<en