BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
This isn`t an office, it`s hell with fluorescent lighting.
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:11:04 -0500
A few years back our company decided to buy some flashy proposal folders
from Nebbs, with the gold lettering on a glossy maroon folder (my high
school colors oddly enough) with pockets and a slot for our business
card. As soon as we started using them we noticed we weren't getting
jobs. I guess we hadn't realized that our "folksy" hand written style
was part of what our clients were buying. Whenever we sent a proposal in
the flashy new folder it was like the kiss of death.

At first we were dismayed that we had wasted money and now storage
space, but soon realized they were very useful. From then on when we
sent a proposal to a client we weren't all that excited about we sent it
in a "kiss of death" folder. It was much better than having to fire them
later.

Signed: Glad the "hungry" days are past.

Rudy