From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:58:26 -0400
Gery,

You can use voice on any frequency where you have the legal right to do so.
However, doing so will probably not give you the most accurate picture of
your power output and/or SWR.  If you put your radio in CW, you can key the
transmitter by flipping the small switch located just above the MIC. jack.
Also, if you have the FM board installed, you can press Function and AM to
go to FM mode, and flip the switch.  Incidentally, the outer knob on your
MIC. gain control adjusts your power.  Maximum clockwise is full power.  The
MIC. gain is the knob just to the left of the big tuning knob.

Steve