From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 11:15:37 -0400
Tom,

If you use a desk mic with a gain control, you don't even need to worry
about whether there's a gain control on the radio.  Alternatively, you might
be able to get someone to build you a box with a 10000 Ohm pot to do the
job.  I know these aren't good solutions for using the radio in a mobile
environment, but they would work nicely for a base rig.

Steve