From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:09:19 -0500
Hi.

Well, my response to Walt and others is that I think that it depends
largely upon the product you are buying from them, and upon which store you
are dealing with.

I have bought some good products from them, and I have gotten some absolute
garbage from them.  And depending upon which store I've dealt with, my
experience with their customer service has ranged everywhere from exceleent
to being thoroughly screwed over.  A lot of it seems to depend largely on
who is managing the store, and my experience is that if you can find a
store with a manager who has a good head on his or her shoulders, then you
can actually make out pretty well.

I am not thoroughly "down on the Shack" although I admit that they have
much less in their product line that interests me now than in the
past.  But, I would say that to say that everything they sell is junk is at
best an exaggeration and is probably at worst someone's chip on their
shoulder.  Some of their stuff has not been good, but I have enjoyed some
things that I've bought fairly recently from them  like the little talking
clock radio that was made by RCA.  I think they've discontinued that one
now, but at $36.95 it was one of the best deals out there for talking clock
radios.  It was sensitive, reliable, and quite inexpensive for what you got.

So, I think it is like most things in life--a little good, a little bad,
and a lot of mediocrity!

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK