From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 22:15:20 -0600
Jeff:
From what i know of cordless phones, and thats limited, technically speaking
anyway, they usually set the power at the highest legal limit for those
devices on both the hand set and the bass unit.
Remember, the highest legal limit, is probably around 0.03 milliwatts or
something....so that sort of power coming out of the bass, and hopefully the
same coming out of the handset can be suseptible to all kinds of things.,
Also, i know for a fact that the cheaper you go with chordless phones, the
lesser quality you will get....much like most other consumer items...there
is usually a pretty good reason why things cost more.
If you spend 50 bucks on a cordless phone, you will not get the same
quality, in most cases, as if you spent $250 on a cordless phone...that is
just the way it works i guess.
For instance, my panasonic 2.4G bear bones phone had about a 4 block range
in any direction from inside the top level of the house...probably about 15
feet above ground.the phone originally cost a little over $200.
My parents recently bought a 2.4g phone for 19 bucks at wall mart with lots
of bells and whistles, but that phone will not talk more then 30 feet in any
direction, and sometimes that is uncertain.  It also happens to be a
panasonic.
So, bassed on that relatively anecdotal comparison, i would think the more
you spend on a 2way radio device, the better quality its going to be.
This holds true with most radio devices.
73
Colin, V A6BKX