Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2015 16:31:57 -0400
Phil,

I bought a Mac for my wife, but she is having a harder time adapting to it from Windows.

You don't have to buy the Jaws upgrades if you don't want.  You can stay with an older version or use NVDA.

As you will discover, you will need different programs in a lot of instances for the Mac.  Prime example: no Goldwave.

Now, what I would do is hold off a bit.  I think Windows 10 with Kurtana will be a nice boon.  If you get a laptop with touchscreen, you can do a lot of gestures on it, similar to what you do with the iPhone.  Jaws does support those gestures too.

But, $480 for a Mac isn't bad.

Steve