From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 18:52:40 -0400
In your description, note that the plate loading and plate tuning controls
will interact; turning the loading clockwise will typically require a small
CCW adjustment to plate tuning. I have never run an FT102, but think it
could be done with care. I didn't look at the W8JI webpage.
I expect there are a number of FT950s on the used market; people are always
trading up, down and sideways.
I'm surprised that the audio of an FTDX1200 would be much different from an
FT950; adjustments can be messed up by individual hams in a number of ways.
The 1200 is getting good reviews on EHam, and I have been tempted to get one
myself. Sticking with my FT950 for the time being, though.
Having said all that, you would probably do pretty well with a TS590 if you
are serious about new equipment. You ccan mess up the transmit audio on any
of these rigs; start with default settings and then make small adjustments
if you must.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com