From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2014 14:09:22 -0400
Jim,

That's not really a reset; it's just a quick way to turn the display on or off.  However, if it's making strange noises, I'd say it's time for a cleaning at the very least, and maybe for some cells to be replaced as well.  Unfortunately, those displays are mechanical devices, and like all mechanical devices, they need to be maintained somewhat regularly.  Sorry the key sequence didn't fix the problem.

Steve