From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:34:28 -0230
Hi All:

I'm looking to adapt my Cyber Acoustic computer headset to use on my Yaesu FT-450, which has the 8 pin modular mic jack.
I've looked at the W2ENY design services adapters and quite frankly, Bob has been vary vague on answering my questions. I certainly don't want to throw 30CAN for a pile of crap.
So to that end, I might as well look at Heil. Is anyone using or has had some experience with the Heil AD line of mic adapters?
Would my 3.5MM mic plug on the headset plug right in or would I have to modify the headset mic plug?
Would I have to include or fab up a PTT switch or would simply switching on and off the headset's mic switch activate and deactivate the PTT?

TNX & 73:

Michael De VO1RYN